Floating Support

Tenants who live in our sheltered schemes benefit from the provision of an on-site Support Services Officer during office hours to help them with any issues relating to their tenancy, their home or any other concerns or worries they may have. However, we know that some of our older tenants living in our general needs properties sometimes need a little assistance to support their independent living.

How can floating support help me?

The Support Services Officer who delivers floating support can help by:

  • Providing one to one support: delivered in the tenant’s home this addresses practical living skills and ways to ensure independent living can continue – including assistance in contacting and referral other agencies such as GPs, social care, occupational therapy and voluntary agencies.
  • Offering crisis resolution: quick interventions to alleviate immediate and urgent needs such as benefits out of payment, referrals to food or clothing banks, or assistance in conacting emergency healthcare providers, such as the CMHT or district nurses.
  • Advisory sessions: support with rent arrears, applying for benefits and grants, arranging adaptations or healthy living.