Our Support Services
We specialise in providing “low-care” support services to our older residents, enabling them to live independent and fulfilling lives in the communities they want to live in.
Sheltered housing and Support Services Officers
Each of our purpose-built sheltered housing schemes is staffed by an on-site Support Services Officer during working hours. The Support Services Officer is on hand to provide more vulnerable residents with the additional security of knowing there is someone available to call in an emergency and to provide a little extra help to residents in managing their health and well-being – the Support Services Officer will work with each resident individually to draw up a tailored plan of support, which may include:
- a daily welfare visit or phonecall
- liaison with health and care services as required
- help with admin tasks such as filling in forms and reading / explaining official letters
- support to attend appointments or leisure activities
Residents in sheltered schemes can also benefit from:
- 24 hour emergency on call assistance for vulnerable residents
- communal facilities such as a lounge, kitchen, laundry and gardens
- a range of social and leisure activities, often delivered by external groups
Our Support Services Officers and other staff work in partnership with statutory and voluntary agencies and other local partners to ensure that we provide effective support in our schemes and deliver the outcomes that are highlighted when individuals are referred to these services.